Penn State Health Lab Assistant - Laboratory in United States
Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: PRN
This job is responsible for collecting appropriate samples for testing, to include (Phlebotomy procedures, venous and capillary punctures, and urine collections for medical and legal testing procedures). Work also includes: 1) computer inquiry and entry to maintain patient demographic as well as test ordering details in multiple computer systems in accordance with compliance guidelines; 2) processing and preparing samples for testing at facility laboratories; and 3) processing, preparing and packaging samples for delivery to reference labs. Work is conducted in accordance with all regulatory accreditation agency requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Completion of a phlebotomy course at a Vocational College or equivalent technical school, including completion of a 4-week internship in Phlebotomy in a clinical laboratory setting OR for applicants having received on-the-job training in lieu of completion of a phlebotomy course, one year of work experience as a clinical laboratory phlebotomist preferred
- Work experience in phlebotomy within the last five years preferred.
- Phlebotomy Registry PBT (ASCP) or NCA is preferred.
- Healthcare Provider BLS Certification or obtained within the first 3 months of employment required.
- A valid Pennsylvania Driver¿s License is Required
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.