Penn State Health Surgical Technician Educator - Surgery Center in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: 80 hours per pay/flexible
Under the general supervision of the Director of Perioperative Services, the educator is responsible for orientation, staff development and continuing education for staff in Surgical Tech and Sterile Processing areas.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Surgical Technology.
- Certification required.
- Two years of clinical experience required.
- Two years of staff development preferred.
Must possess a current certification.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
- Adheres to and exhibits Catholic Health Initiatives core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.