Penn State Health Secretary - Radiology Diagnostics in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: PRN
Hours: 7:00a - 5:00p, Every other weekend
Performs all secretarial/clerical functions for the timely and efficient operation of the department by coordinating and maintaining effective office procedures and efficient workflow. Maintain filing and record management system. Demonstrate the utmost discretion and integrity regarding confidential matters. (This position will also fill in during the week at times to cover for vacations etc.)
E SSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Develop and maintain department filing systems.
- Establish and maintain an inventory of departmental office supplies.
- Process departmental mail.
- Ensure all visitors and telephone calls are handled in a courteous and friendly manner, according to hospital policy.
- Produce departmental correspondence and other materials as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED Required.
- At least two years previous experience in a business setting is required.
- Experience with personal computers is required.
- Medical terminology is preferred.
- None required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
+ Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
+ Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
+ Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
+ Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.