Penn State Health Scheduler - SMG Orthopedics in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Group
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: 8:00a - 4:30p, Monday - Friday
This position is responsible for performing routine to moderately complex office work in coordinating the efforts of a diagnostic imaging department with those of physician's offices, patients, and other members of the hospital or medical community. An incumbent is engaged primarily in the process of scheduling patients for diagnostic imaging examinations. Although work may include some receptionist or general office work (e.g. collecting, recording and distributing patient demographics and clinical information via manual and automated systems), it is incidental to scheduling activities.
- Schedules patients for all varieties of diagnostic imaging exams offered various departments (ie. Ultrasound, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiology, mammography, etc) based on physician referral; calls patients to set up and confirm appointments; records cancellations and reschedules time slot.
- Performs incidental office duties necessary to maintain the completeness of the patient record, may order office supplies.
- Answers the phones and coordinates efforts between the department staff, interpreting physicians and referring physicians; may greet and/or escort patients.
- May types medical reports and the daily outpatient schedule; may prepare monthly activity statistical reports.
- May prepare exam rooms and dressing areas for patient’s use.
- Enters orders and/or charges for examinations by department as appropriate; may perform daily reconciliation of diagnostic imaging charges.
- Arranges for previous films to be collected prior to the schedule
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Associates degree preferred.
- Two years of recent work experience in a call center environment.
- Customer services
- Computer knowledge
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- CHAA preferred
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.