Penn State Health Registrar - St. Joseph Medical Group OB/GYN in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Group
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: 8:00a - 4:30p
This position is responsible for registering patients by obtaining individual identifying and demographical data for the patient’s permanent medical record. This position requires that patients are registered/admitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Register patients efficiently and accurately, obtaining appropriate signatures, completing all required forms and providing patient information as required by state and federal regulations.
- Verify insurance information according to department procedures and ensure that required pre-authorizations/pre-certifications have been obtained, if applicable.
- Coordinate registration and diagnosis information with physician offices and service areas to minimize the inconvenience to the patient.
- Requests and collects payment from patients according to policy and procedures. Inform patients of their payment options, including payment plans, financial assistance programs and compassionate care program.
- When necessary, visit patients in their room to complete or validate account information.
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED) Required.
- One year experience in a hospital admitting department or medical office preferred
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.