Penn State Health Medical Lab Technician - Blood Bank in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: PRN
This job is responsible for performing various collection and laboratory analysis on blood, urine and other body specimens to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Specific areas of accountability may include all or one of the following disciplines: microbiology, urinalysis, coagulation, toxicology, chemistry, serology, hematology, blood bank, phlebotomy and specimen processing.
- Associate degree and completion of an approved Medical Laboratory Technician program,
- OR Associate degree and three years experience within the last five years, preferably in a Clinical Laboratory setting.
- Successful completion of a six-month internship in a clinical laboratory setting within the last five years.
- One to two years of clinical laboratory experience in the last five years is preferred.
- National Registration as an MLT (ASCP), CLT (NCA) or equivalent, or current application submitted for registry, pending exam.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday ¿ Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.