Penn State Health Graduate RN - Emergency Services in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: 7p - 7a
Incorporates knowledge of the nursing process and the professional standards of nursing in daily practice. Applies knowledge of growth and development to perform detailed assignments/interventions. Provides consistent care based on the changing physical and psychosocial needs, unique to the patient.
For more information, please contact Natalie Speece, Nurse Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Candidates must have graduated within 1 year of the cohort start date and must have less than six months of working experience post-graduation as an RN.
- Graduate nurse with a Temporary Practice Permit or Registered Nurse with license to practice professional nursing in the state of Pennsylvania.
- BLS required.
- ACLS required on telemetry units within 12 months.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpasses standards to achieve/maintain quality.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.