Penn State Health Environmental Services Tech - Housekeeping in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: Full Time
Provides a clean environment for patients, visitors, and associates by maintaining floor surfaces and carpet.
- Dust, damp mop and vacuum floors; cleans corners, edges, and baseboards; cleans doors, elevator tracks, expansion joints and walls. Utilize automated equipment.
- Spray buffs floors, spot cleans and extracts carpets.
- Removes old finish on floors and applies new finish.
- Utilizes automated equipment.
- Cleans buckets, wringers, mop handles, floor and carpet equipment after use.
- High School diploma or GED Required.
- One year healthcare housekeeping experience preferred.
- Floor Care experience preferred
- None required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality. + Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times. + Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines. + Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members. + Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.