Penn State Health Environmental Services Associate - Housekeeping in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: Full Time
The Housekeeper provides a clean, safe and friendly environment for patients, visitors, and associates by providing housekeeping services. The Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning tasks in patient rooms, nursing stations, lounges, restrooms, offices, clinic areas, and any other areas assigned in accordance with standard procedures of the Environmental Services Department.
Uses and Discloses patient protected health information:
- Only as it applies to job functions,
- In amounts minimally necessary for intended purpose,
- In a confidential manner.
- Cleans assigned departmental areas and restocks supplies within work area according to established standards.
- Completes stat requests.
- Identifies and reports work orders for maintenance needs.
- Identifies and reports floor care and curtain replacement needs.
- Initiates and promotes quality improvement, seeking to meet customer requirements and cost efficiency.
- Attends in-service education meetings to enhance growth and the development of skills.
- Follows established Medical Center and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides support with the training and orientation of new associates.
- Work schedule/assignments are subject to change within the department’s requirements with education and when considered competent by the Supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED Required.
- Healthcare housekeeping experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- None required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence : Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity : Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion : Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence : Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality. + Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times. + Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines. + Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members. + Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.