Penn State Health Driver - Transportation in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: Part Time
This job is responsible for transporting equipment, specimens, reports, and supplies to and from hospitals and other designated locations. An incumbent ensures that items are picked up and delivered on schedule and transported according to requirements. Also performs preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Makes predetermined routine trips and other trips as assigned.
- Follows courier routes to ensure reliable service, and ensures that customer service issues are resolved; informs management of the issue resolved or unresolved.
- Ensures that supply or equipment requests are completed and delivered; informs management of any damaged equipment, supplies, or unsafe act.
- Transports and stores specimens in appropriate temperature containers; informs management of unusual or jeopardized specimens.
- Pulls renal supplies for delivery from Store’s stock.
- Maintains daily written reports on multiple forms and checks all equipment for serviceability daily; informs management immediately of unsafe equipment.
- Ensures that assigned vehicle is clean/refueled and that maintenance is current; informs management of any deficiency.
- Ensures that any act or decision made is in the behalf of the patient and does not place the patient in an unsafe situation.
- Performs related duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED is Required
·Three years of recent related work experience, or any combination of education and experience that would demonstrate the capability to perform the duties of the position.
- Valid Pennsylvania state-issued driver’s license required.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.