Penn State Health Dietary Aide - Nutrition Services in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: PRN (Per Diem)
Shift: Varied (Days/Evenings/Nights)
Job Summary :
Performs routine food service duties related to patient food service including trayline and sanitation
Essential Duties :
- Assembles patient trays according to marked menu and diet; may be assigned to various stations (starter, desserts, salads, hot food, beverage, loader or cart delivery.).
- Prepares and portions cold food for patient tray service.
- Works in dish area, scraping trays, loading or unloading dish machine.
- Maintains sanitation in assigned work area following established procedures and schedule.
- Assembles, labels and delivers patient meals, snacks, tube feedings, nourishments and floor stocks.
- Stock work station with food and nonfood items.
- Operates various food preparation equipment and utensils in a safe manner.
- Maintains food preparation equipment and work area in a high degree of cleanliness.
- Serves food in a proper manner.
- High school diploma or GED Required unless still a student in High School
- Prior food service experience preferred.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.