Penn State Health Clinical Nursing Associate - Short Procedure Unit in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: Full Time
Under direction of a Registered Nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant contributes to the basic patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the patient. Actual job tasks may vary depending on the unit or department assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must have one of the following:
- Nurse Aide Certificate
- Medical Assistant Certification/Diploma
- EMT Certification
- Evidence of completing first clinicals as a Registered Nursing Student;
- American Heart Association "Health Care Provider" BLS Certification.
- Medical Terminology is required.
- At least one year hospital experience, preferred.
- Experience with personal computers or EMR, preferred
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.