Penn State Health Clinical Nursing Associate - 2 North PCU in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: 7:00p - 7:00a
Under direction of a Registered Nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant contributes to the basic patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the patient. Actual job tasks may vary depending on the unit or department assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent diploma (GED).
- Must have a Pennsylvania Nurse Aide Certificate or be currently enrolled as a Registered Nursing Student/past first clinicals or have a Medical Assistant Certification/Diploma or Pennsylvania EMT Certification and meet the state requirements for the certification.
- Must have an American Heart Association "BLS” Provider Certification.
- At least one year hospital experience is preferred.
- Experience with personal computers is required.
- Medical Terminology is required.
- American Heart Association "BLS” Provider Required
- Just have one of the following State issued Certifications . . . or . . . be currently enrolled as a Registered Nursing Student/past first clinicals
- Pennsylvania Nurse Aide Certificate
- Medical Assistant Certificate/Diploma
- Pennsylvania EMT Certification
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.