Penn State Health Clinical Nursing Associate - 2 North PCU in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penn State Health St. Joseph Regional Health Network
Work Type: Full Time
Under direction of a Registered Nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant contributes to the basic patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the patient. Actual job tasks may vary depending on the unit or department assigned.
- Assumes personal responsibility for professional development, practice, and education. Maintains a professional and safe work environment. Attends and participates in regular meetings
- Contributes to the assessment of the health status of patients.
- Communicates pertinent patient information to appropriate members of the treatment team with direction of the Charge Nurse.
Assists patients with a variety of personal care tasks:
Takes vital signs, changes dressings and helps patients take their medication.
- Assists patients/families with light housekeeping duties such as assisting with meals or changing bed linens.
Reports any changes in a patient's condition to the Charge Nurse.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
Ability to follow oral and written directions accurately and thoroughly, and observe/respond to needs of patients.
- Keyboarding skills required.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to effectively work with employees, visitors and guests.
Ability to prioritize and organize work.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent diploma (GED).
- Must have a Pennsylvania Nurse Aide Certificate or be currently enrolled as a Registered Nursing Student/past first clinicals or have a Medical Assistant Certification/Diploma or Pennsylvania EMT Certification and meet the state requirements for the certification.
- Must have an American Heart Association "BLS” Provider Certification.
- At least one year hospital experience is preferred.
- Experience with personal computers is required.
- Medical Terminology is required.
- American Heart Association "BLS” Provider Required
Must have one of the following State issued Certifications . . . or . . . be currently enrolled as a Registered Nursing Student/past first clinicals
- Pennsylvania Nurse Aide Certificate
- Medical Assistant Certificate/Diploma
- Pennsylvania EMT Certification
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality. + Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times. + Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines. + Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members. + Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF